- We believe in the unerring authority of God’s Word as our only standard for daily living. It remains absolute Truth, God’s living Word with the power to transform and change our hearts. (Hebrews 4:12, John 17:17)
- We believe that God created all things and that He exists eternally as One God whose 3 parts abide in perfect fellowship: Father, Son and Holy Spirit. (Mark 12:29, Matthew 28:19)
- We believe that “all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God” (Romans 3:23). Because of that, none of us can ever be good enough to get to heaven without divine intercession (Hebrews 7:25).
- We believe that Jesus Christ is “the way, the truth, and the life” (John 14:6) … the only way to eternal life with the Father in heaven.
- We believe that Jesus Christ is the Son of God, sent by God the Father to pay the penalty of our sins on the cross and redeem us from sin’s power. (John 3:16, Romans 6:14)
- We believe that salvation is a gift of grace, received when we believe in the power of Jesus’ redemption poured out through the cross and enter a personal relationship in which we trust and follow Him, not by works. (John 17:3, Ephesians 2:8-9)
- We believe that our priority as believers is to allow the Holy Spirit to transform us into Christ’s likeness in increasing measure (Romans 8:29, 2 Corinthians 3:18), sanctifying our hearts through His Word (John 17:17).
- We believe that our lives should bear witness to the power of Christ’s transforming love, and that love is the undeniable mark of true salvation. “By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.” (John 13:35)
- We believe followers possess “different kinds of gifts but the same Spirit” (1 Corinthians 12:4), and that we should seek Christ through His Word to develop and use those gifts to minister life (Romans 12:6-8).
- We believe God created each life with divine purpose (Ephesians 2:10) and that allowing Jesus to guide us into that purpose by His Spirit will lead to experiencing abundant life on this earth (Jeremiah 29:11, John 10:10).
- We believe in one church, that every disciple of Jesus has been “baptized by one Spirit into one body” (1Corinthians 12:13), and that Christ reigns supreme as the Head of His church (Ephesians 1:22).
- We believe that Jesus desires to unite His church, and the expression of love poured out through that unity will testify that Jesus is exactly who He said He was. (John 17:22-23)
- We believe that Christ will return to claim His bride (the church) to dwell with Him forever in eternal glory, and that we must make ourselves ready (Revelation 19:7).
As much as you and I may feel inclined to redefine God to suit who we want Him to..